Thursday, October 14, 2010

"You don't have to get it perfect, you just have to get it going."

"You don't have to get it perfect, you just have to get it going. Babies don't walk the first time they try, but eventually they get it right." ~ Jack Canfield


So...I have been waiting to write my first post until I had a significant amount of time on my hands...to sit down and type out my story. Several days have passed, and still I haven't done it. And then I read this quote today. And I realized my post doesn't have to be perfect - it just needs to be done! And so here I am...


For me, spiritual awakening began I think several years back when The Secret came out. Rachel and I watched it and it resonated with us. At the time, as most of you know, we owned an upscale real estate company and were putting lots of time and energy into it to get it off the ground. We decided to use the principles from The Secret to manifest our success. During that time I also got tuned into Eckhart Tolle and A New Earth, which was very significant to me.


Throughout 2007-2009, as we all know, the real estate market crashed and burned, and to summarize, two years later, we sunk into a financial hole so deep, we could not get out, and closed the business after losing thousands and thousands of dollars.


I won't go into detail about the depression, the despair, etc. that I fell into. However, one January day in 2009, I met someone who out of the blue wanted to do a reading on me. She said she had seen my angels surrounding me, and God was telling her she needed to talk with me. That was the real beginning for me. I spent two hours with her at a friend's house (she was my friend's friend) and walked away feeling like I was floating on clouds. She told me number one - all the financial mess that was we were in would all turn out okay. (Of course she had no prior knowledge of this situation.) She said I needed to take care of myself, and that many of my spiritual guides and angels were looking over me; I was surrounded by a host of them that loved me and were with me. I was not alone. And then she told me something very significant was going to happen to me in the spring, and that it would greatly effect me and my family. Hmmm...wonder what that was about.


From that day on, I felt like I was literally coming alive again. Rachel kept me connected with podcasts and introduced me to some of my favorite teachers through that tool. We shared books with each other, and then when she moved to Seattle in February, 2009, she sought out a church near her and wanted me and Zach to attend with her when we were up there helping her move. We did, and we all walked away with a sense of "wow, that was amazing!" I again felt like I had been lifted to another level of life.


But it was April 23, 2009 that really catapulted me into a spiritual awakening. Just like my friend had told me, that spring indeed was very significant in my life. My best and dearest friend and sister, Barb, was murdered. She was very much alive one day and an integral part of my life, and the next day she was gone. Barb and I had spoken the day prior to her transition, and we had shared on such a deep and personal level and she had told me she was ready to move on to the next phase of her life. Little did we know at that time it would be her earthly departure. I felt like my life had been taken away too. At the same time, I felt like I was wrapped in a cocoon of love and presence and peace like I had never felt before. I had my first vision - of a cliff, and I was on the precipice and invited to jump into the arms of Spirit - and I did. And from that day on, my life really has never been the same.


Now I awake each day to my prayer, "Use me for the highest and best." I listen. I am present. I remember to breathe. I know all is well. I am never alone. And I know love is the answer to everything. I keep hearing that over and over. Love is the answer. I choose to live my life that way. I choose to see spirit in every person I meet. I choose to love.


That is how it began for me. I'm excited to hear how it began for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment