Monday, October 18, 2010

Today, I am thinking

Water.

More specifically, drinking water.

Does wholly unpolluted drinking water exist anywhere on this planet?

Modern filtration adds as much as it may (or may not) remove; just read the box of a Brita filter, which is only necessary in our kitchens to remove contaminants not removed by the accepted reclamation practices of first-world sewage systems.

How do we get clean water? What am I supposed to do to make the sludge that comes out of the tap drinkable?

Give it back to the Earth, and it will be renewed: use a well system. Maybe some readers are unfamiliar with the experience of drinking what comes out of Zach's well water-fed faucet in Winlock, but there is really nothing I can write to accurately describe it. Drinking this water is the most similar to drinking from Mount Roraima's waterfall I have ever tasted, and the dirt involved is the key.

This quality is something we will definitely not find it in any municipal water system, or in the cells of irrigation-tube grown and poison-laced farmed foods.

One major industry on the capitalist forefront today is Big Food. Conglomeration first began in the grocery store, and the first step to ending the monopoly of our bodies by outside forces will be to pull up a chair at the family table and take an honest look at what's on our plates and in the water we drink, not to mention the air we breathe.

I came to these conclusions today while meditating in the grass. Andrew and Jo'Elen were a little further off; I felt their connection to me, felt our spirits grounded in the renewing energy of the Earth. I felt the cycle of life and especially of water, deep within, easing the revolution of our conscious sphere.

I am still making my conclusions.

1 comment: