Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why The Wrecking Ball

Why am I "The Wrecking Ball"?
There was a point not to long ago, where I was in a place of frustration with what is. I came to a place where I knew what I was, but the world is what it is. And it clashed. This was the case of my life, so to speak. Everything seems ascue, it's not right, this is not the way it should be, why are we living an existence such as this, what's viewed as "paranormal" does not seem bizaar to me at all, what I see as paranormal is the way we treat each other. Paranormal took on the sense of not ghosts, or spirits, or even "bigfoot", but how we treat each other as humans. The lack of love. How we can let the homeless go homeless. How we can let the starving continue starving. How can we de-humanize humans and continue on with everday life, as if everything is hunky dory... THAT to me IS the "paranormal"!
Questions ensued, journeys began, knowledge was sought.
And there was one day that is burned into my mind...
I was at a book store, browsing the aisles of a book store with my niece, and I was called to look upon a book. It was "The End of Your World" by Adyashanti.
I picked it up and flipped it over to the back cover. It read:

"Make no mistake about it-
enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's the seeing through the facade of pretense. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true."

BELLS RANG LOUDLY!!!

We are living in an illusion. You are not free. We're told we are, and to tell someone they are not causes issues, to say the least, but, you are not free. Ideology, culture, everything that is presented to you as truth, our lifestyle, is an illusion. All of this has built a wall around what we truly are...
I am The Wrecking Ball to MY walls. So that I can get to the core of who I am, be free, and let who I TRULY am shine BRIGHTLY.
I am The Wrecking Ball to the illusion.

3 comments:

  1. Mom had a great idea this morning. We should ALL post our stories of what instigated our awakening. I am going to be thinking about that today and maybe tonight I will post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, who's the wrecking ball?

    ReplyDelete